Thursday, August 18, 2011

All I need are the Students!

I was able to get into my classroom a couple of times over the last couple of weeks.  Here are some photos of my classroom set up thus far.  I still have some tweeking to do next week during in-service, but, of course, there is ongoing tweeking all year!  I hope you enjoy what you see.  Feel free to leave me a comment on what you like.  I am also very much open to suggestions!

 

Sorry about the sideways image.  I have never had this problem before.  The images were edited and saved to my computer in the right format.  I have been trying to fix this problem for days, but decided to post this way for now if I can't solve the problem, I will take more photos.

Anyway, these are my rules posted to my blackboard.  Eventually I will purchase newer ones, however, I used repositional glue that has seemed to give them a "permanent bond".  I decided to leave them up for now.


Here are my scoreboards.  One for third grade and one for fourth.  Since both groups are in and out of my room all day, I needed separate ones.  At the moment, I am going with emoticoms.  I have some other really cute ideas to change them up either for holidays or just when we need a change of pace.  I have also designed a cute car for mystery rode.  Once I have them cut and glued, I will post pictures.



These are my power pic boards for language arts and math.  After teaching the concept using the Smart Board, I will hang the power pic on the boards.  As I begin to fill up the board, I will label them. 


This is my homework corner where we will be keeping track of one, two, and three star homework!


OOPS! Back to sideways again!  Here is my student leaders wall.  The quotes are dry erase so I can easily change the leader's role.  The little stick figure people (which is my theme this year) will have the names of the leaders for each position.


Boy, these sideview pictures do not due my genius ladder justice! Give me an "it's cool"!  Anyway, the rungs are dry erase so it can be simply changed each day.  The little quotes provide the types of sentences from blah, spicy, up to genius.


I just happened to find this growth chart with stick figures and a ladder.  I thought it was cute and would catch my students eyes.  The cool thing is that it came with these little clouds.  I decided that when students provide really good examples, I can place their name on that ladder that measures up to the type of sentence they provided.  What do you think of a six foot tall genius sentence?!!


My paper drawers are not new.  I find it easier to sort my grade level and subject area.  Sometimes students put papers in the wrong box, but most of the time this is pretty efficient.

Well, hopefully, I will get the problem fixed soon so that you all don't go getting stiff necks from viewing.  Stay tuned next week for my Super Student Improver's wall and some other cool ideas.  I start with students  next Wed.  I will report on how that goes.



2 comments:

  1. Looooove your genius ladder! That 6 foot tall stick people ladder is precious right by it, and the cloud idea - oh my. I can't wait to dive into this stuff. -- Slowly, I've figured out from reading all the advice. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks. Honestly though, it looks way cooler right side up! Laugh out loud!

    ReplyDelete

Snow Day Blogging

I can’t believe we are more than 100 days into the school year!  I really had high hopes for returning to blogging this school year, but wi...