Sunday, April 24, 2011

Welcome !

Welcome to my new blog on Whole Brain Teaching!  On this blog, I will be sharing my experiences with the method and posting important info or links back to Chris Biffle's Website on WBT @ www.wholebrainteaching.com.

I first located Biff's methods when searching the Internet on the brain following the diagnosis of an Arachnoid brain cyst on the cerebellum of my husband's brain.  I began viewing the Utube videos and was amazed.  When I began my 18th year of teaching this past August, I knew that I just had to employ the WBT techniques.  I currently teach 3rd and 4th grade learning support.  I have a few children with emotional issues and attention deficits.  It is definately a challenge, but I love the way it works!

I have to admit, I get cranky and tired myself and find that it is easy to just fall back into a routine of "what we are used to".  I just keep plugging away at it and knowing that each day will get easier.

Now that I have almost an entire school year under my belt, I am excited to begin the next one with even more knowledge.  I am going to take the summer to use the lesson planner to write out all of the skills and concepts I need to cover.  That way I will be ready with ideas and gestures from the get go.

I will post as much as I can between now and the end of the year.  Only a month to go, but I am sure I will have something to share!

Good luck to all those who are new to WBT and keep up the good work to all those who have been using it awhile!

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. [I just hate it when I mis-spell and fail to check before I click send]
    I am looking forward to reading your blog. Thanks for being willing to sharing your experiences with WBT.

    ReplyDelete

Snow Day Blogging

I can’t believe we are more than 100 days into the school year!  I really had high hopes for returning to blogging this school year, but wi...